Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Sol Bloom; Sol Bloom|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sol Bloom; Dean Acheson; Sholem Asch; Nicholas Murray Butler; Winston Churchill; Edward Frederick Lindley Wood Halifax, Earl of; Roy Wilson Howard; Cordell Hull; Joseph P Kennedy; Charles A Lindbergh; Edwin Markham; Nelson A Rockefeller; Franklin D Roosevelt; Edward R Stettinius, Jr.; Henry L Stimson; Harry S Truman
|Description:||61.5 linear feet (62 boxes)|
Bulk of the papers are case files containing correspondence with constituents seeking aid in the solution of problems requiring the intervention of a department or agency of the federal government. Some case files concern Jews and refugees in Europe and elsewhere who sought permission to emigrate to the United States before, during and after World War II. General correspondence is mainly ceremonial although some relates to public affairs and to matters pending before Congress. Also, draft of The Autobiography of Sol Bloom, 1949; scrapbooks of clippings, 1898-1903; and photograph and other memorabilia.
- Bloom, Sol, -- 1870-1949.
- United States Military Academy.
- United States Naval Academy.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House.
- Jews -- Migrations.
- Jews -- Persecutions.
- Civil service -- United States.
- Legislation -- United States.
- Lend-lease operations (1941-1945)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Refugees.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Politics and government -- 1898-1951.
- Civil service.
- Emigration and immigration.
- Political science.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- United States.