Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
McCormick, Patricia, 1956-
New York : Hyperion, ©2006
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People, Contemporary Concerns, 2007.|
|Awards:||National Book Award Finalist, Young People's Literature, 2006
YALSA Ten Best Books for Young Adults, 2007
A Junior Library Guild selection.
Notable Book for a Global Society award winner, 2007
|Description:||263 pages ; 22 cm|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Not for pre-teens
This book is a difficult book to read because of its topic and graphic depictions, it is not appropriate for children under the age of 16. Because the ALA has established that young adult books can be read by children as young as 12 years old, our school has this book available to...
- 1 of 2 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Teenage girls -- India -- Juvenile fiction.
- Families -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Child prostitution -- India -- Juvenile fiction.
- India -- Juvenile fiction.
- Human trafficking -- Fiction.
- Prostitution -- Fiction.
- Slavery -- Fiction.
- Nepal -- Fiction.
- India -- Fiction.
- Novels in verse.
- Juvenile materials.
- Child prostitution.
- Teenage girls.