Young adult fiction
|資料類型：||小學和國中, 小說, 網際網路資源|
|注意：||"Being the story of the enlistment and due service of the boy Charley Goddard in the First Minnesota Volunteers."
Copies vary: Also issued as a Junior Library Guild book (Y Group) with that information on the cover spine and jacket.
|獎賞：||Minnesota Book Award, 1999.|
|針對讀者群：||1000; 7-A.; 12-A.; 5.2.|
|描述：||xv, 106 pages : illustrations, map ; 20 cm|
|其他題名：||Novel of the Civil War
Eager to enlist, fifteen-year-old Charley has a change of heart after experiencing both the physical horrors and mental anguish of Civil War combat. A powerful novel that re-creates the agony of the Civil War, based on the real-life experiences of a Union soldier who was only 15 when he went to war. In this captivating tale Paulsen vividly shows readers the turmoil of war through one boy's eyes and one boy's heart, and gives a voice to all the anonymous young men who fought in the Civil War.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Juvenile fiction.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Fiction.
- Goddard, Charley.
- First Minnesota Volunteers.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- United States.