Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
Sonnets of William Shakespeare & Henry Wriothesley.
Oxford, Printed and sold for the editor by B. Blackwell, and H. Young & Sons, Liverpool, 1938
|Named Person:||William Shakespeare; Henry Wriothesley Southampton, Earl of; William Shakespeare; Henry Wriothesley Southampton, Earl of|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Shakespeare; Walter Thomson
|Notes:||"Errata" slip mounted on 4th prelim. leaf.
This book "serves to suggest ... that Shakespeare wrote only about one hundred of the sonnets usually attributed to him ... That the greater number of the remainder of the sonnets are probably from the pen of Southampton or were collected by him."--Preface.
|Description:||4 preliminary leaves, 199 pages 24 cm|
|Responsibility:||edited with an introduction by Walter Thomson.|
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Authorship -- Southampton theory.
- Southampton, Henry Wriothesley, -- Earl of, -- 1573-1624 -- Authorship.
- Sonnets, English -- History and criticism.
- Sonnets -- Authorship.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Authorship.
- Southampton, Henry Wriothesley, -- Earl of, -- 1573-1624.