Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Actualities (Motion pictures)
|Material Type:||Film, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James H White; Frederick Blechynden; Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 24Feb1898; 13568.
Duration: 0:25 at 30 fps.
Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 377-78; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 94, March 1900, p. 22 [MI]; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 43 [MI].
|Credits:||Camera, Frederick Blechynden.|
|Event notes:||Filmed ca. December 31, 1897, in Los Angeles, California.|
|Description:||ref print. 1 reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos. 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.|
|Responsibility:||Thomas A. Edison, Inc. ; producer, James White.|
Advertised as part of the "Southern Pacific Company Series" (Edison films catalog): The Southern Pacific Company ("Sunset Route") offers special inducements to winter travelers, by reason of its southern route, thereby avoiding the extreme cold of the winter months. Its course lies through a section of the country that presents a variety of beautiful and picturesque natural scenery. It is also the direct route to the popular resorts of Southern California, thereby making it a favorable route for tourists. The following subjects were taken by our artist while traveling over the very extensive lines of the Southern Pacific Railroad Co., to whom we are indebted for many courtesies, and without whose co-operation we should not have been able to bring before the public these animated photographs of interesting and novel scenes (p. 43).
- Streets -- California -- Los Angeles.
- City and town life -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Transportation -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Pedestrians -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Horse-drawn vehicles -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Carriages and carts -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Trolley cars -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Bicycles -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Cyclists -- California -- Los Angeles.
- City traffic -- California -- Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company.
- Carriages and carts.
- City and town life.
- City traffic.
- Horse-drawn vehicles.
- Trolley cars.
- California -- Los Angeles.