Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Early works to 1800|
|Named Person:||John Bastwick; Henry Burton; William Prynne; John Bastwick; Henry Burton, Rector of St. Matthew's Friday Street.; William Prinn|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Laud; John Bastwick; Henry Burton; William Prynne; Richard Badger; England and Wales. Court of Star Chamber.; English Printing Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||Signatures: A⁴ a⁴ B-L⁴.
The first leaf and the last leaf are blank.
The words "Iohn Bastwick ... Prinn;" are bracketed together on title page.
"The sheets, formes, and even pages of this ed[ition]. were set from 1 to 4 times and occur in all possible combinations"--STC.
This edition has an ornament with crown, rose, and thistle on the title page.
LC copy has ornament on t.p. of a crown, from which leafy vines and flowers extend.
LC copy imperfect: upper margins closely trimmed; part of paging wanting.
LC copy lacks first and last blank leaves.
|Description:||, 77,  p. ; 18 cm (4to)|
|Other Titles:||Speech delivered in the Starr-Chamber, on Wednesday, the XIVth of June, MDCXXXVII|
|Responsibility:||by the Most Reverend Father in God, VVilliam, L. Archbishop of Canterbury his Grace.|
- Church of England -- Liturgy -- Early works to 1800.
- Anglican Communion -- England -- Liturgy -- Early works to 1800.
- Puritans -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Bastwick, John, -- 1593-1654 -- Early works to 1800.
- Burton, Henry, -- 1578-1648 -- Early works to 1800.
- Prynne, William, -- 1600-1669 -- Early works to 1800.
- Bastwick, John, -- 1593-1654.
- Burton, Henry, -- Rector of St. Matthew's, Friday Street.
- Prinn, William.