도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|설명:||xiii, 210 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm|
|내용:||Preface: An introduction to American sports culture and history: the case of Lance Armstrong --
1. Youth sports: The perks and pitfalls of youth sports ; Straight outta Compton / Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian ; Learning to play and playing to learn : organized sports and educational outcome / Ann Rosewater ; A review of organized youth sport in the United States / Jay Albrecht and Bradford Strand ; Gender in school athletics / Shelby L. Kinke Smith ; Youth sports can be expensive, but they aren't played by just the wealthy / Dave Barber ; Youth Olympic Games: from vision to success / Ng Ser Miang --
2. Gender and Title IX: Title IX, women, and sports ; 40 years later, Title IX is still fighting perception it hurt men's sports / Gloria Goodale ; Cheer factor / Sean Gregory ; A sporting chance / Elinor Nauen ; Title IX at 40 : examining mysteries, myths, and misinformation surrounding the historic federal law / Mary Jo Kane --
3. The big business of collegiate sports : The money game in college sports ; How television changed college football - and how it will again / Andy Staples ; Share the wealth / Harry Edwards ; How the SEC became the richest conference in college sports / Victor Luckerson ; Women's basketball matures, but not without growing pains / Libby Sander ; Game on! : why Rupert Murdoch wants to tackle ESPN / Sam Gustin --
4. The concussion culture: Responsible solutions to concussion-related injuries ; Former Packer Tauscher backs concussion bill / Scott Bauer ; Genetic research on sports injuries takes an NFL veteran to a California college / David Glenn ; The NFL's concussion culture / Nate Jackson ; Concussions in youth sports / Matt Terl ; Truth and consequences of concussions / Brianna Kerr --
5. The doping era: Race to the top : performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports ; Armstrong's Ahab / Bill Saporito ; Steroids loom large over programs / Associated Press ; The doping dilemma / Michael Shermer ; Steroid era's lineup / Gabe Lacques ; Is doping-free sport a utopia? / Stephen Seiler, Ralph Beneke, Shona L. Halson, Franco M. Impellizzeri, Inigo Mujika, David B. Pyne, and Carl Foster ; The man who fell to Earth / Michael Hall --
6. The rise of fantasy sports: Fantasy sports, the internet, and casino gambling ; A winning strategy in a quarterback age / Gene Menez ; Daily fantasy sports become a gambling reality / Oskar Garcia ; Fantasy football gaining in popularity with kids / Beth Teitell ; Fantasy sports leagues challenged as illegal gambling / Anita M. Moorman.
|일련 제목:||Reference shelf, v. 85, no. 4.|
- Sports -- United States -- History.
- Sports for children -- United States.
- Sex discrimination in sports -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Sports -- Economic aspects -- United States.
- Brain -- Concussion -- United States -- Prevention.
- Sports injuries -- United States -- Prevention.
- Doping in sports -- United States.
- Fantasy sports -- United States.