|提及的人：||T H Gallaudet; Laurent Clerc; Laurent Clerc; T H Gallaudet|
Dennis Cokely; Patrick Graybill; Janet Weinstock; Freda Norman; Gilbert C Eastman; Laurent Clerc; Harlan L Lane; Sign Media, Inc.
|注意：||Signed with voices for the hearing.
Based on Harlan Lane's book, "When the mind hears."
Subtitle on container: A history of the deaf.
"Series told from the vantage point of Laurent Clerc"--Cassette container.
|餘額：||Director, Dennis Cokely.|
|表演者：||Studio host, Gilbert Eastman ; narrators, Patrick Graybill, Janet Weinstock, Freda Norman.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (24 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 1 text (537 p.)|
|叢書名：||When the mind hears, 8.|
|其他題名：||History of the deaf
When the mind hears,
|責任：||Sign Media Inc.|
This film centers around the efforts of Gallaudet and Clerc to establish the American Asylum, recruit students and seek funding for the school and its programs. These efforts involved extensive travel and public lectures not only to solicit funds but also to recruit students so the school would flourish. Within a dozen years of its founding the school was receiving students from half the states in the Union. "This assembly of much of the deaf youth of America in one place was one of the main forces that created a true society of the deaf with a single language serving to bind them together."
- Gallaudet, T. H. -- (Thomas Hopkins), -- 1787-1851.
- Clerc, Laurent, -- 1785-1869.
- American Asylum, at Hartford, for the Education and Instruction of the Deaf and Dumb.
- Deaf -- History.
- Deaf -- Biography.
- Deaf -- Education -- History.
- Deaf -- United States -- History.
- Deaf -- Education -- United States -- History.
- Deafness -- United States -- History.
- Education, Special -- United States -- History.
- Deaf -- Education.
- United States.