|提及的人：||John Le Carré; John Le Carré; John Le Carré; John Le Carré|
Myron Joel Aronoff
|描述：||xi, 316 p. ; 22 cm.|
|内容：||ch. 1. George Smiley: liberal sentiment and skeptical balance --
ch. 2. Ambiguous moralism: loyalty and betrayal --
ch. 3. Skepticism: balancing dreams and realities --
ch. 4. Balancing means and ends: the limits of raison d'État --
ch. 5. Ambiguity of human nature: motives and personality --
ch. 6. Bureaucratic politics: domestic and international --
ch. 7. Culture and craft of espionage --
ch. 8. Fiction and the real world of espionage --
ch. 9. Learning to live with ambiguity: balancing ethical and political imperatives.
|責任：||Myron J. Aronoff.|
A prolific author with millions of fans, and novels that routinely climb the bestseller charts, John le Carre is more than simply a genre writer. Myron J. Aronoff contends that le Carre's spy novels grapple with one of the most pressing political issues facing the world community today: what extreme - and often undemocratic - means are justifiable to protect democracy in this post-Cold War era? As such, Aronoff demonstrates that le Carre's novels use espionage as a metaphor for politics, and his unforgettable characters dramatize the classic conflict between individual sovereignty and governmental loyalty and power.
- Le Carré, John, -- 1931- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Politics and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- Le Carré, John, -- 1931- -- Political and social views.
- Political fiction, English -- History and criticism.
- Didactic fiction, English -- History and criticism.
- Spy stories, English -- History and criticism.
- Smiley, George (Fictitious character)
- Le Carré, John, -- 1931- -- Ethics.
- Espionage in literature.
- Spies in literature.
- Le Carré, John.