Stanford White; William A Boring; Richard Morris Hunt; Augustus Saint-Gaudens; Louis Comfort Tiffany; John La Farge; Charles Follen McKim; Frederick Law Olmsted; Whitney Warren; Stefano Bardini; Bessie Spring Smith White; William Merritt Chase; William R Ware; Kenyon Cox; Cornelius Vanderbilt; Percy Baker; Cass Gilbert; Childe Hassam; John Singer Sargent; John Wanamaker; Thomas Wilmer Dewing; James McNeill Whistler; Richard White; Lawrence Grant White; Carrère & Hastings.; McKim, Mead & White.
|描述：||approximately 26 cubic ft|
Collection consists primarily of White's letterpress books and correspondence, with some related bills, receipts, and other ephemera, 1887-1906, relating to his professional and personal matters. Correspondence, 1907, relates to his estate. Correspondents of note include William A. Boring, Richard Morris Hunt, Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Louis C. Tiffany, John La Farge, Charles McKim, Frederick Law Olmsted, Whitney Warren, Stefano Bardini, Bessie White, William Merritt Chase, William Robert Ware, Kenyon Cox, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Percy Baker, Cass Gilbert, Childe Hassam, John Singer Sargent, John Wanamaker, Carrère & Hastings, Thomas Dewing, James McNeill Whistler, Lawrence White, Richard White, and other architects, artists, contractors, suppliers, clients, friends, and family members. One letter book contains letters, 1922, by White's son Lawrence Grant White. Also included are White's architectural drawings for houses he built for himself at St. James, Long Island, 1892-1904, and 121 East 21st Street, New York, undated; miscellaneous drawings; and a few architectural drawings by Lawrence Grant White, and drafts of his translation of Dante's DIVINE COMEDY.
- Stanford White House (St. James, N.Y.)
- Dwellings -- New York (State) -- Long Island.
- Dwellings -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Architecture -- United States.
- Architecture -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Architecture -- New York (State) -- Long Island.
- Architecture, Domestic -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Architecture, Domestic -- New York (State) -- Long Island.
- Decedents' estates -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Architects -- Homes and haunts.
- Architectural firms.