Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Harold Brown; Harold Brown|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Harold Brown; Joyce Winslow
|Description:||xviii, 277 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm|
Oh, say can you see : the view from the top --
What so proudly we hail : insuring national defense through its budget --
Stripes and bright stars : how the team at the top affects security policy --
The perilous fight : Iranian revolution and the hostage crisis --
Rockets' red glare and bombs : plans, programs, and agreements --
The ramparts we watched : dealing with the outside world --
That banner yet waves : preparing for what lies ahead --
Land of the free : stimulating the national economy for international security --
Home of the brave : America at a tipping point.
|Responsibility:||Harold Brown with Joyce Winslow.|
"From the government of science to the science of government, Harold Brown has always put his country and its principles first. This book, like his counsel to me as my secretary of defense, offers
- Brown, Harold, -- 1927-
- National security -- United States -- Decision making -- Case studies.
- United States -- Military policy -- Decision making -- Case studies.
- Cabinet officers -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Department of Defense -- Biography.
- National security -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Military policy -- Planning.
- United States. -- Department of Defense.
- Cabinet officers.
- Military policy -- Decision making.
- Military policy -- Planning.
- National security.
- National security -- Decision making.
- United States.