Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Norman Earl Steenrod; Samuel Eilenberg; Samuel Eilenberg; Norman Earl Steenrod|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Norman Earl Steenrod
Included are a manuscript draft of his Foundations of algebraic topology, written with S. Eilenberg, and notes for several lectures. The collection also documents Steenrod's activities with the American Mathematical Society, particularly with Mathematical reviews, with the Mathematical Association of America Committee on the Undergraduate Program in Mathematics, and with the School Mathematics Study Group monograph panel. Material includes correspondence, drafts, lecture notes, grant proposals, and reports. Correspondence between Steenrod and R.L. Wilder (1932-1942; 2 in.) concerning Steenrod's early research is included in the Raymond Louis Wilder Papers, 1914-1982.
- Steenrod, Norman Earl, -- 1910-1971 -- Archives.
- Eilenberg, Samuel.
- American Mathematical Society.
- Mathematical Association of America. -- Committee on the Undergraduate Program in Mathematics.
- School Mathematics Study Group.
- Princeton University. -- Department of Mathematics.
- Algebraic topology.
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Steenrod, Norman Earl, -- 1910-1971.
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching.
- United States.