Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Included is extensive correspondence with Riggs and Longley family members; letters from other missionaries in Minnesota and Dakota Territory; letters from Minnesota and national political leaders; letters from religious organizations, especially the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, the American Bible Society, and the American Tract Society; and many letters from Indians, most in the Dakota language. There is also information on the Civil War, settlement of Indian claims for land and money, and the publication of Riggs' writings, and a set of biographical sketches of American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions missionaries.
- Langley family.
- Morris, Martha Riggs, -- 1842-1910.
- Riggs family.
- Williams, Isabella Riggs, -- 1840-1897.
- Williamson family.
- Hazelwood Mission (Minn.)
- Rockford Female Seminary.
- Western Female Seminary.
- Dakota Indians -- Missions.
- Dakota Indians -- Wars, 1862-1865.
- Dakota language.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Minnesota.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations.
- Presbyterian Church -- Minnesota.
- Sully Expeditions, 1863-1865.
- Beloit (Wis.)
- Dakota Territory.
- Lac qui Parle (Minn.)
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.