Steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.
New York : Chelsea House, c2011
|材料类型：||文献, 少年观众, 互联网资源|
Suellen May; D J Triggle
|描述：||1 online resource (113 p.) : col. ill.|
|丛书名：||Understanding drugs (Chelsea House Publishers)|
|责任：||Suellen May ; consulting editor, David J. Triggle.|
Steroids are used for medicinal purposes but are more often abused to improve athletic performance or appearance. The abuse of steroids follows a pattern similar to that of drug addiction, where those who are addicted will continue to use steroids even after recognizing that the drug is damaging their body and relationships. Steroid abuse originated, to a large extent, in the athletic world. The administration of steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs by trainers and athletes is referred to as doping. Although it is known to occur among professional athletes, amateur and student athletes are guilty of doping too. Steroids and Other Performance-Enhancing Drugs explains what steroids are, their medical benefits when used properly, and the damage they do when abused--From the publisher.
- Anabolic steroids -- Health aspects -- Juvenile literature.
- Doping in sports -- Juvenile literature.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION -- Social Issues -- Drugs, Alcohol, Substance Abuse.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION -- Health & Daily Living -- Substance Abuse.
- Anabolic steroids -- Health aspects.
- Doping in sports.