Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc
Comic books, strips, etc
Biography Comic books, strips, etc
|Named Person:||David Small|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780393068573 0393068579 9780393338966 0393338967|
|Description:||329 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
Stitches is one of the most compelling books I ve read in a long time. David Small, with his ground-breaking work, has elevated the art of the graphic novel and brought it to new creative heights.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Powerful art for a powerful story
David Small draws you into his childhood, evoking the 50s and 60s and a household that represses and internalizes all feelings. "Stitches" is the story of his childhood, of his mother, and of the growth on his neck that turns out to be cancer, resulting in the removal of one of his vocal chords...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Small, David, -- 1945- -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Artists -- United States -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Illustrations -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Authorship -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc.
User lists with this item (29)
- Graphic Novels, Comic Books, and Manga(20 items)
by emastu updated 2013-04-04
- GraphNovCsbSju(216 items)
by csbcdbks updated about 2 weeks ago
- UMD Libraries Comics & Graphic Novels(154 items)
by email@example.com updated about 2 weeks ago
- Children's Book Author/Illustrator's Memoirs(207 items)
by EWU-Center updated about 2 weeks ago
- English 102 Reading List (Newberry)(34 items)
by cwilibrary updated about a month ago