Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc
Comic books, strips, etc
Biography Comic books, strips, etc
|Named Person:||David Small; David Small; David Small|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780393068573 0393068579 9780393338966 0393338967|
|Description:||329 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
"Like the boy in this autobiographical novel my first reading of Stitches left me speechless. And in awe. David Small presents us with a profound and moving gift of graphic literature that has the
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Powerful art for a powerful story
David Small draws you into his childhood, evoking the 50s and 60s and a household that represses and internalizes all feelings. "Stitches" is the story of his childhood, of his mother, and of the growth on his neck that turns out to be cancer, resulting in the removal of one of his vocal chords...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Small, David, -- 1945- -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Artists -- United States -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Illustrations -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Authorship -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc.
- Small, David, -- 1945-
- Neoplasms -- Autobiography.
- Chronic Disease -- Autobiography.
- Family Relations -- Autobiography.
- Neoplasms -- Pictorial Works.
- Chronic Disease -- Pictorial Works.
- Family Relations -- Pictorial Works.
- Artists -- Biography -- United States -- Comic books, strips, etc.
User lists with this item (37)
- UMD Libraries Comics & Graphic Novels(211 items)
by email@example.com updated about 2 weeks ago
- Things to Check Out(14 items)
by NREmanuel updated about 3 weeks ago
- Alex Awards(98 items)
by dordtlibrary updated about a month ago
- Books ~ General Collection(315 items)
by BLCLibrary updated 2015-05-13
- April 2015 New Items(323 items)
by iaiacollection updated 2015-05-05