Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc
Comic books, strips, etc
Biography Comic books, strips, etc
|Named Person:||David Small|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780393068573 0393068579 9780393338966 0393338967|
|Description:||329 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
A beautifully drawn, tragicomic graphic memoir about a childhood from hell. "
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Powerful art for a powerful story
David Small draws you into his childhood, evoking the 50s and 60s and a household that represses and internalizes all feelings. "Stitches" is the story of his childhood, of his mother, and of the growth on his neck that turns out to be cancer, resulting in the removal of one of his vocal chords...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Small, David, -- 1945- -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Artists -- United States -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Illustrations -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Children's stories -- Authorship -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc.
User lists with this item (33)
- Graphic Novels - Macalester College Library(135 items)
by MacalesterCollegeLibrary updated about 3 days ago
- GraphNovCsbSju(279 items)
by csbcdbks updated about 2 weeks ago
- Books ~ General Collection(403 items)
by BLCLibrary updated about 6 hours ago
- UMD Libraries Comics & Graphic Novels(188 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2014-04-22
- Alex Awards(88 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2014-02-26