Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert McCrum; Robert MacNeil; William Cran; British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.; MacNeil/Lehrer Productions.; WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.); Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.); Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm)
|Language Note:||Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|Notes:||Originally broadcast as an episode of the PBS television mini-series, The story of English in 1986.|
|Performer(s):||Hosted by Robert MacNeil.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (59 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD-R.; This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD equipment.|
|Contents:||Birth of the Indo-European language --
Birth of English in the British Isles --
The influences of Old English --
The dark ages --
The influences of Middle English --
"Standard" English --
|Other Titles:||Mother tongue
Story of English (Television program)
|Responsibility:||a BBC TV co-production with MacNeil-Lehrer Productions in association with WNET ; producer, William Cran ; series writer, Robert McCrum ; host & co-writer, Robert MacNeil.|
- English language -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- History.
- English literature -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- History and criticism.
- English language -- Old English, ca. 450-1100.
- English language -- History.
- English language -- Etymology.
- English language.
- English language -- Middle English.
- English language -- Old English.
- English literature -- Middle English.