Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Susan L Hall; Louisa Cook Moats
|Description:||xx, 362 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||America's reading crisis --
Who teaches my child to read? --
Why reading to children is important --
Understanding alternative approaches to teaching reading: the whole language and phonics controversy --
How does a child learn to read? --
Preschool and kindergarten --
First grade --
Second grade --
Third grade --
Reading difficulties and disabilities.
|Responsibility:||Susan L. Hall and Louisa C. Moats ; foreword by G. Reid Lyon ; [interior illustrations by Cindy Weil].|
- Reading (Early childhood) -- United States.
- Reading -- Parent participation -- United States.
- Reading -- Remedial teaching -- United States.
- Reading disability -- United States.
- Reading disability.
- Reading (Early childhood)
- Reading -- Parent participation.
- Reading -- Remedial teaching.
- United States.