|提及的人：||Gloria Foster; Morgan Freeman; Joseph Papp; William Shakespeare|
Gloria Foster; Morgan Freeman; Stanley Friedman; Phyllis Haynes; Mary Helen McPhillips; Joseph Papp; John Wolf; William Shakespeare; New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater.; WOR-TV (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
|注意：||First broadcast on WOR-TV, Channel 9, on March 28, 1979.
Entire episode of Straight talk taped off air. Black-Hispanic Shakespeare Company segment begins at 3:58, concludes at 26:54. Includes commercials.
Credits at end of tape.
This video separated from the New York Shakespeare Festival collection, *T-Mss 1993-028.
|演员：||Interviewers: Phyllis Haynes and Mary Helen McPhillips.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (VHS) (23 min.) : sd., col. SP ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Joseph Papp Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival Moving Image Collection|
|其他题名：||Straight talk (Television program)|
Interview on WOR's Straight talk with actors Morgan Freeman and Gloria Foster and producer/director Joseph Papp regarding the Black-Hispanic Shakespeare Company, non-traditional casting and audiece response, and the concept of race in theater, specifically in the plays of William Shakespeare. Freeman and Foster discuss their roles in repertory productions of Coriolanus and Julius Caesar. Still photos from productions. Directed by John Wolf, produced by Stanley Friedman.
- Foster, Gloria, -- 1936-2001 -- Interviews.
- Freeman, Morgan -- Interviews.
- Papp, Joseph -- Interviews.
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Black-Hispanic Shakespeare Company (New York, N.Y.)
- Straight talk (Television program)
- Blacks in the performing arts.
- Hispanics in the performing arts.
- Minorities in the performing arts.
- Race and society -- United States.
- Theater and society -- United States.
- Theater audiences -- United States.
- Theater -- Casting -- United States.