Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Aerial views Maps
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Kellett; G H Richards; Great Britain. Hydrographic Department.; J. & C. Walker (Firm)
|Notes:||Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings.
Shows coasline detail for Vancouver Island and Washington Territory along the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Puget Sound; military posts, areas of Indian habitation by tribe, ports, and some settlements.
Includes text notes.
"Soundings in fathoms. Magnetic variation in 1871, increasing about 2ʹ annually."
"Published according to Act of Parliament at the Hydrographic Office of the Admiralty, Jany. 18th. 1849; Corrections & additions Augst. 1864, Feb. 65."
"Sold by J.D. Potter, Agent for Admiralty Charts."
Insets: Continuation of Admiralty Inlet and Puget Sound -- [Profile view] Appearance of Cape Flattery bearing NbE. 16 or 17 miles.
In upper right margin: IV ; in lower right margin: 1911; in left lower margin: [partial] V, 71, VII, 71, IX, 72.
North oriented toward upper right.
Seal of the Hydrographic Office also appears above title.
|Description:||1 map ; 62 x 95 cm.|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale [ca. 1:272,000]; (W 124Â°49Ê¹--W 122Â°09Ê¹/N 48Â°41Ê¹--N 47Â°29Ê¹).|
|Other Titles:||America N.W. Coast|
|Responsibility:||surveyed by Captain Henry Kellett, R.N. 1847, Haro & Rosario straits, by Captain G.H. Richards, R.N. 1858, Admiralty Inlet and Puget Sound, by the United States Exploring Expedition, 1841, coast south of C. Flattery by the same in 1853 ; J. & C. Walker sculpt.|
- Coasts -- Juan de Fuca, Strait of (B.C. and Wash.) -- Maps.
- Coasts -- Washington (State) -- Puget Sound -- Maps.
- Indians of North America -- Washington (State) -- Maps.
- Islands -- Juan de Fuca, Strait of (B.C. and Wash.) -- Maps.
- Islands -- Washington (State) -- Puget Sound -- Maps.
- Puget Sound (Wash.) -- Maps.
- Juan de Fuca, Strait of (B.C. and Wash.) -- Maps.
- Admiralty Inlet (Wash.) -- Maps.
- Vancouver Island (B.C.) -- Maps.
- Olympic Mountains (Wash.) -- Maps.
- Flattery, Cape (Wash.) -- Aerial views -- Maps.