|提及的人：||Giovanni Becatti; Ludwig Goldscheider; Giovanni Becatti; Ludwig Goldscheider|
|資料類型：||圖形, 攝影, 照片, 網際網路資源|
|文件類型：||影像資料, 文檔資料, 網路資源|
Giovanni Becatti; Barbara Bini; Alison Frantz; Guntram Koch; Ludwig Goldscheider; Eugene Gordon; Emile Serafis; Getty Research Institute.
Size of photographs varies; most 8 x 10 in.
|描述：||159 boxes (ca. 11,200 photographic prints) : b&w, some col. ; 35 cm. and 47 cm.|
The collection includes photographs from numerous sources, including commercial vendors and photographers; research institutions' archives; excavation campaigns; scholars' archives and collections; and photographic campaigns sponsored by the Getty Research Institute. Among the commercial vendors and photographers, the most important are: Alinari (including the Anderson and Brogi archives), Bildarchiv Foto Marburg, Bulloz, Photographie Giraudon, Gabinetto fotografico nazionale (GFN) Rome, Hirmer Verlag, Barbara Bini, Alison Frantz, Guntram Koch, and Emile Serafis.
Research institutions' archives from which new prints were made include: Fototeca unione at the American Academy in Rome; Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI), Athens and Rome; and the American School of Classical Studies, Athens.
Excavation campaigns from which the collection holds selected photographs include those of Princeton University at Morgantina (Sicily); Bryn Mawr College at Murlo (Italy); the American Academy in Rome at Cosa (Italy); and the photographic record made by Eugene Gordon of excavations at Heracleia Lyncestra (Yugoslavia) and Aquincum (Hungary) as well as his photos of archaeological remains at Agrigento and Taormina (Sicily) and Aphrodisias, Aspendos, Ephesus, Perge, and Side (Turkey).
Photographic campaigns sponsored by the repository have contributed extensive coverage of three monuments in Rome. The Column of Trajan is documented in 1,169 photographs, 977 of which show every 30 cm. of the friezes after cleaning and restoration carried out in the 1980s. The Arch of Constantine is represented in ca. 315 photos and the Ara Pacis Augustae in ca. 300 photos. The collection also includes photographs from the repository's Giovanni Becatti and Ludwig Goldscheider archives.
- Becatti, Giovanni, -- 1912-1973 -- Photograph collections.
- Goldscheider, Ludwig, -- 1896-1973 -- Photograph collections.
- Decoration and ornament, Architectural.
- Decoration and ornament, Ancient.
- Sculpture, Ancient.
- Sculpture, Ancient -- Italy.
- Sculpture, Ancient -- Turkey.
- Sculpture, Greek.
- Sculpture -- Greece.
- Sculpture, Greek -- Italy, Southern.
- Sculpture, Greek -- Italy -- Sicily.
- Sculpture, Roman.
- Sculpture, Roman -- Italy.
- Greece -- Antiquities.
- Italy -- Antiquities.
- Turkey -- Antiquities.
- Morgantina (Extinct city)
- Poggio Civitate Site (Italy)
- Cosa (Extinct city)
- Arch of Constantine (Rome, Italy)
- Ara Pacis (Rome, Italy)
- Trajan's Column (Rome, Italy)
- Becatti, Giovanni, -- 1912-1973.
- Goldscheider, Ludwig, -- 1896-1973.
- Photograph collections.
- Italy -- Cosa (Extinct city)
- Italy -- Morgantina (Extinct city)
- Italy -- Poggio Civitate Site.
- Italy -- Sicily.
- Italy, Southern.