|提及的人：||Wilhelm F Arntz; Ludwig Goldscheider; Giannino Marchig; Erwin Panofsky|
Wilhelm F Arntz; Rudolf Gernsheim; Ludwig Goldscheider; Giannino Marchig; Erwin Panofsky; Getty Research Institute; David Koetser Gallery.; Douwes Fine Art Gallery (London, England); Duits, Ltd. (Gallery : London, England)
Size of photographs varies; most 8 x 10 in.
|描述：||335 boxes (ca. 25,120 photographic prints) : b&w ; 35 cm.|
The collection contains photographs from numerous sources. Many images were obtained from the archives of scholars, restorers, and art dealers, primarily those of Wilhelm Arntz and Erwin Panofsky. Archives from Ludwig Goldscheider, Giannino Marchig, and David Koetser Gallery were important sources as well, and photographs and auction clippings were acquired from Douwes Fine Art Gallery and Duits.
Copy prints in the collection were acquired from auction houses such as Christie's and Sotheby's, and from commercial vendors, including Böhm, Bruckmann, Bulloz, Fratelli Alinari (including the Brogi archive), Gernsheim's Corpus photographicum of drawings, and Photographie Giraudon. Relevant duplicate images from the repository's archive of the Hoefle firm (Special Collections accn. no. 90.R.19) have been integrated into this collection. Copy prints were also obtained from museums, and the collection is particularly rich in images from the Bayerische Staatsgemäldesammlungen (including Munich's Alte Pinkothek), the Germanisches Nationalmuseum Nürnberg, and other museums in Baveria, including those at Aschaffenburg, Augsburg, Bamberg, Landshut, Schleissheim, and Würzburg.
- Arntz, Wilhelm F. -- Photograph collections.
- Goldscheider, Ludwig, -- 1896-1973 -- Photograph collections.
- Marchig, Giannino, -- 1897-1983 -- Photograph collections.
- Panofsky, Erwin, -- 1892-1968 -- Photograph collections.
- David Koetser Gallery -- Photograph collections.
- Douwes Fine Art Gallery (London, England) -- Photograph collections.
- Painting, German.
- Drawing, German.
- Duits, Ltd. (Gallery : London, England) -- Photograph collections.