Find a copy in the library
Records and correspondence
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Northern Michigan University. President.|
|Notes:||Location: Archives Stacks.|
|Description:||19.4 cu. ft. (31 boxes)|
The materials include correspondence, monthly and term reports (1906-1938) to the board; and requests for board approval of student graduation certificates and specific faculty appointments, resignations, and salary increases. Monthly reports included summaries of attendance by term, a breakdown of students by gender and course of study, and enrollment in the various grade levels of the training school. The distribution of grades and number of expected graduates were also added. Also includes scattered records of various committee correspondence, newsletters, minutes, and reports. Correspondence and reports to various university accrediting agencies, personnel files (ca. 1931-1959), faculty general and salary information, speeches of President John X. Jamrich (1968-1983), the university's seventy-fifth anniversary, and honors convocation also comprise a portion of the collection.
The 1969-1989 addition consists records relating to the Commission on the Future, the University's relations with athletic conferences and the NCAA, international education and Northern Initiatives and Economic Development, the McGoff Distinguished Lecture Series, documents of the Michigan Department of Management and Budget, and Alumni Relations sponsored events and activities.
The 1972-1994 addition contains records of the University Priorities Commission, primarily agendas, minutes, and correspondence, and the Office of External Affairs, primarily correspondence. The External Affairs records concern Marquette General Hospital, Michigan Week, Operation Action U.P., and the U.P. Consortium for Workforce. It also includes records relating to student organizations, especially Native American students and the Black Students Association, and correspondence from various members of the President's Council, including many exchanges about the hockey team and other sports.
- Northern Michigan University -- History -- Sources.
- Northern Michigan University -- Administration.
- Northern Michigan University -- Faculty.
- Northern Michigan University -- Students.
- Northern Michigan University -- Statistics.
- Northern Michigan University -- Employees.
- Universities and colleges -- Accreditation -- Michigan.
- Northern Michigan University -- Sports.
- Northern Michigan University -- Alumni and alumnae.
- McGoff distinguished lecture series.
- Northern Michigan University. -- University Priorities Commission -- Records and correspondence.
- Northern Michigan University. -- Office of External Affairs -- Records and correspondence.
- Northern Michigan University. -- President's Council.