Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Coretta Scott King Award (Illustrator)
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
San Souci, Robert D.
Sukey and the mermaid.
New York : Four Winds Press, c1992
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert D San Souci; J Brian Pinkney; Christy Hale; Four Winds Press.; Maxwell Macmillan Canada.; Maxwell Macmillan International.
|Notes:||"The text of this book is set in Weiss Bold. Book design by Christy Hale"--t.p. verso
"A note from the artist: The work in this book was done in scratchboard and oil pastels. Scratchboard is a technique that requires a white board to be covered with black ink. The ink is "scratched" off with a sharp tool to reveal the white underneath. Color is then added with oil pastels. The oil pastels are rubbed into the "scrached" lines and the excess is wiped away with Liquin. I like this way of working because it allows me to sculpt as well as draw the images"--t.p. verso
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Honor, illustrator, 1993.|
|Description:||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 27 cm.|
|Responsibility:||Robert D. San Souci ; illustrated by Brian Pinkney.|
- Storytellers -- Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Stepfathers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Treasure troves -- Juvenile fiction.
- Mermaids -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sick children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Avarice -- Juvenile fiction.
- Betrayal -- Juvenile fiction.
- Gold -- Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans -- Folklore.
- Folklore -- United States.
- Mermaids -- Juvenile literature.
- South Carolina -- Juvenile fiction.
User lists with this item (6)
- Coretta Scott King Honor(111 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2013-02-15
- Coretta Scott King Book Award(217 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2013-02-01
- Scratchboard(7 items)
by email@example.com updated 2012-01-19
- ConnStorytellingCenter 2(373 items)
by connstorycenter updated 2011-06-17
- CSC 3(373 items)
by ConnecticutStorytellingCenter updated 2011-01-10