Biography Juvenile literature
Susan B. Anthony.
New York : Aladdin, c2005
|提及的人：||Susan B Anthony|
Deborah Hopkinson; Amy June Bates
|ISBN:||0689869096 9780689869099 068986910X 9780689869105|
|描述：||30 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.|
|叢書名：||Ready-to-read stories of famous Americans.|
|責任：||by Deborah Hopkinson ; illustrated by Amy Bates.|
Like other girls of her time Susan B. Anthony learned how to cook and sew. But unlike most girls she also received an education. She learned reading, writing, and arithmetic. She was also taught that girls and women could do anything boys and men could do-if only they were allowed. So Susan set out to change the laws. She fought for a woman's right to own property, hold down a job, and, most important, vote. The right to vote would become Susan's lifelong mission. In this Aladdin Ready-to-Read, Susan's story comes alive through words and pictures, giving burgeoning readers the opportunity to discover her many accomplishments for themselves.
- Anthony, Susan B. -- (Susan Brownell), -- 1820-1906 -- Juvenile literature.
- Feminists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Suffragists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Women social reformers -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Women's rights -- United States -- History -- Juvenile literature.