Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|Material Type:||Fiction, Primary school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Angela Johnson; Eric Velasquez
|Awards:||Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2006|
|Description:||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 27 x 29 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Angela Johnson ; illustrated by Eric Velasquez.|
There's a sweet, sweet smell in the air as two young girls sneak out of their house, down the street, and across town to where men and women are gathered, ready to march for freedom and justice. Inspired by the countless young people who took a stand against the forces of injustice, two Coretta Scott King Honorees, Angela Johnson and Eric Velasquez, offer a stirring yet jubilant glimpse of the youth involvement that played an invaluable role in the Civil Rights movement.
- Civil rights movements -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Civil rights movements -- Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Civil rights -- Fiction.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968 -- Juvenile fiction.
- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- African American Children.