Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Shortlisted for Guild of Food Writers Awards: Food Book of the Year 2009.
Commended for Andre Simon Memorial Fund Book Awards 2008.
Runner-up for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
|Description:||xiv, 384 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||German ham and English pickles --
Jug of wine, a loaf of bread --
Government mustard --
Pink margarine and pure ketchup --
Mock goslings and pear-nanas --
Basmati rice and baby milk --
Epilogue: Adulteration in the twenty-first century.
One of Choice's Outstanding Academic Titles for 2009 Shortlisted for the 2008 Andre Simon Book Awards "British food writer Bee Wilson's new book Swindled could not have been published at a more
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy ...
Review of Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee by Bee Wilson in 2008 published by Princeton University Press (Princeton & Oxford).
Reviewer: Dr W. P. Palmer
I very much enjoyed this book, which I purchased to see what it added...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Food contamination -- History.
- Food industry and trade -- History.
- Food contamination.
- Food industry and trade.
- Food contamination -- History
- Food contamination -- Prevention
- Food industry and trade -- History
User lists with this item (6)
- ILL Future List(488 items)
by sankeym updated 2013-08-02
- Things to Check Out(72 items)
by fielden updated 2012-10-13
- Food around the world(15 items)
by amyvecchione updated 2012-05-17
- Food Investigation Paper (ENG 101)(17 items)
by eandreja updated 2011-10-10
- New Books June 2009(132 items)
by ColumbiaBasinCollegeLibrary updated 2010-06-07