Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
|Named Person:||Jimmy Santiago Baca; Marilyn Chin; Robert Bly|
|Material Type:||Clipart/images/graphics, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jimmy Santiago Baca; Marilyn Chin; Robert Bly; Bill D Moyers; David Grubin; David Grubin Productions.; Public Affairs Television (Firm); WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.); Newbridge Communications.; Films Media Group, Firm.
|Language Note:||Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|Notes:||Title from title frames, viewed Feb. 22, 2007.
Streaming video (56 m., 300 Kbps, sd.) available as both Windows Media and QuickTime files.
Originally shown on television in 1995.
Made available through FMG on Demand.
|Credits:||Editor and sound editor, Howard Sharp ; director of photography, Edward Marritz.|
|Cast:||Poet, Jimmy Santiago Baca ; poet, Marilyn Chin ; poet, Robert Bly ; interviewer, Bill Moyers.|
|Performer(s):||Music and dance, Ehecatl Aztec Dancers, Paz, Rita M. Zamora, Margarito Anaya.|
|Event notes:||Filmed at the Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival in Waterloo, New Jersey.|
|Details:||System requirements: Windows Media Player or QuickTime player. Additional technical information:; Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|Contents:||Poet : Jimmy Santiago Baca (08:38) --
Poet : Marilyn Chin (07:37) --
Baca : poetry of despair (05:09) --
Poet : Robert Bly (07:14) --
Prison poetry (04:20) --
Poet : Robert Bly (04:26) --
Marilyn Chin (06:24) --
Poetry of Baca (08:01).
|Series Title:||Language of life with Bill Moyers.|
|Other Titles:||Language of life :|
|Responsibility:||produced and directed by David Grubin ; co-producer, Nick Davis ; a production of David Grubin Productions, Inc. & Public Affairs Television, Inc. ; a presentation of Thirteen, WNET.|
"Poetry offers a way for individuals to make sense of themselves, understand their motivations and fears, gain insight into their past and their future. As this program shows, Jimmy Santiago Baca, Robert Bly, and Marilyn Chin have all found routes to self-discovery and personal reconciliation through writing."--FMG website.
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, -- 1952- -- Interviews.
- Chin, Marilyn -- Interviews.
- Bly, Robert -- Interviews.
- American poetry -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- American poetry -- Minority authors -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- American poetry -- Women authors -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Interviews.
- American poetry -- Mexican American authors.
- Chinese American authors.
- Minorities -- United States -- Intellectual life.
- Mexican Americans -- Poetry.
- Asian American women -- Poetry.
- Films for the hearing impaired.