Legal stories, American
Detective and mystery stories, American
Suspense fiction, American
|描述：||447 pages ; 25 cm|
In this novel the author takes you back to where it all began in A Time to Kill. Now we return to that famous courthouse in Clanton as Jake Brigance once again finds himself embroiled in a fiercely controversial trial; a trial that will expose old racial tensions and force Ford County to confront its tortured history. Seth Hubbard is a wealthy man dying of lung cancer. He trusts no one. Before he hangs himself from a sycamore tree, Hubbard leaves a new, handwritten, will. It is an act that drags his adult children, his black maid, and Jake into a conflict as riveting and dramatic as the murder trial that made Brigance one of Ford County's most notorious citizens, just three years earlier. The second will raises far more questions than it answers. Why would Hubbard leave nearly all of his fortune to his maid? Had chemotherapy and painkillers affected his ability to think clearly? And what does it all have to do with a piece of land once known as Sycamore Row? -- From book jacket.
- Criminal defense lawyers -- Fiction.
- Inheritance and succession -- Fiction.
- Mississippi -- Fiction.
- Criminal defense lawyers.
- Inheritance and succession.
- npr bestsellers - Week Of Sept. 4, 2014(59 資料)
由 cmalpas 已更新 大約4天前
- Hartness Kindle Books(29 資料)
由 Janekearns 已更新 2014-06-25
- Swem Summer Reading List 2014(78 資料)
由 Swem 已更新 2014-05-13
- Most popular items for April 2014(500 資料)
由 drewwilson 已更新 2014-05-12
- Things to Check Out(1 資料)
由 lextraveller 已更新 2014-01-28