Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Michael L. Printz Honor for Excellence in Young Adult Literature, 2010.|
|Description:||532 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||The year of being normal --
How the most expensive pizza of my life resulted in delayed gratification --
Eight Madmen, the biggest asshole in Ohio and one very normal guy --
How to get your very own Madman nickname --
Normal guys walk with pretty girls who giggle --
A word from my sponsor --
Shoemaker's kid --
Tales of the Madman Underground --
"Don't be an asshole," explained in easy-to-understand terms --
Cussing a blue streak does not work on goddam ghoul bastards --
I was a third-grade Communist --
Two stooges short of an act --
An afternoon down the toilet --
In their backseat or at McDonald's, the Madmen sleep tonight --
That, son, was the Lone Madman --
The value of anything --
Tonto joins the All-Faggot Midnight Softball League --
Tales the Madmen never tell --
Love, waffles, Capitalism, Scooby-Doo, and a grave in the rain --
You can't throw away a great deal like that --
How many Madman stories ever made any sense? --
Paradise lost, bedshitter found, Paradise regained --
Water under the bridge, letting the cat out of the bag, everyone's beautiful naked, and several other clichés --
The long end of the stick isn't so hot either --
A completely normal Monday, if you happen to be a Madman --
How Uncle Al became my favorite Hollering Asshole, and vice versa --
I love the McDonald's crowd, I always feel like I'm coming home here.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Good addition to my library
Centered around eight students who are sent to a therapy session on a daily basis at school and who create their own group. A story of friendship and a search for what makes one "normal". Language is an issue.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Emotional problems of children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction.
- Alcoholism -- Juvenile fiction.
- Mothers and sons -- Juvenile fiction.
- High schools -- Juvenile fiction.
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction.
- Ohio -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Emotional problems -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Alcoholism -- Fiction.
- Mothers and sons -- Fiction.
- High schools -- Fiction.
- Schools -- Fiction.
- Ohio -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Emotional problems of children.
- High schools.
- Mothers and sons.
- Problemas emocionales -- Novela juvenil.
- Amistad -- Literatura juvenil.
User lists with this item (12)
- Printz Honor Books(42 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2017-02-22
- checkout fiction(128 items)
by elfgreen updated 2017-01-13
- 2016 Facebook Recommendations(28 items)
by siewert updated 2016-12-15
- Printz Award(80 items)
by sarahridinger updated 2016-09-23
- Michael L. Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature(79 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2016-01-11