Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Harris, Jo, 1955-
Teaching health-related exercise at key stages 1 and 2.
Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, ©1997
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jo Harris; Jill Elbourn
|Description:||ix, 149 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Ch. 1. Children and Exercise --
Ch. 2. Safe Exercise for Children --
Ch. 3. Health-Related Exercise in the National Curriculum --
Ch. 4. Whole-Sheet Approach --
Ch. 5. Key Stage 1 Lesson Examples --
Ch. 6. Key Stage 2 Lesson Examples --
Ch. 7. Practical Activities --
Teaching Resources for Primary Schools.
|Responsibility:||Jo Harris, Jill Elbourn.|
Written for both non-specialist and specialist primary school physical education teachers, this indispensable guide addresses safety considerations for children's exercise; examines successful programmes that schools have adopted for promoting exercise among their pupils; present ideas that use simple, readily available equipment; provides detailed lesson examples that address the key issues of progression, differentiation and assessment; and describes 19 practical activities that can be incorporated into health-related PE lessons.
- Physical education for children -- Great Britain.
- Exercise -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- Great Britain.
- Health education -- Great Britain.
- Éducation physique pour enfants -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Exercice -- Étude et enseignement (Primaire) -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Éducation sanitaire -- Grande-Bretagne.
- Exercise -- Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Health education.
- Physical education for children.
- Great Britain.
User lists with this item (2)
- PE curriculum(12 items)
by amerdog3 updated 2010-10-06
- Physical Fitness and Nutrition in Health Education(45 items)