Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Spencer, John W.
Terrell's Texas Cavalry.
Burnet, Tex. : Eakin Press, ©1982
|Named Person:||Alexander Watkins Terrell; Alexander Watkins Terrell|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John W Spencer
|Notes:||Maps on lining papers.|
|Description:||viii, 199 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||First regimental action --
Organization of the regiment --
The delaying action and the battle of Mansfield --
The battle of Pleasant Hill --
The battle of Blair's landing --
Skirmishes after Blair's landing --
Monnett's ferry --
Battle of Lecompte --
Regimental move to Marksville --
Battle of Mansura --
Battle of yellow bayou --
Duty after yellow bayou --
Skirmishes at Morgan's ferry --
Terrell given brigade --
Fight at Morgan's ferry --
Fight on the Archafalaya --
Duty on the bayou Beouf --
Winter at Alexandria --
Liken's regiment transferred to Texas --
Return to Texas --
Disbandment at Wild Cat Bluff --
Back to Shreveport --
Terrell promoted to Brigadier General --
Terrell goes on to Austin --
Terrell and other officers go to Mexico --
Terrell in Monterrey --
To Mexico City --
Decision to return to Texas --
Alexander Watkins Terrell --
Sketches of the companies --
Regimental strength --
Company commanders --
Field and staff --
Roster of Terrell's regiment --
Gray's company --
Mullins' company --
Liken's regiment --
Yager's regiment --
Herbert's regiment --
Roster of Herbert's regiment --
Surrender terms of the trans-Mississippi department --
Letters by Generals E. Kirby Smith and J. B. Magruder.
|Responsibility:||by John W. Spencer.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Terrell's Texas Cavalry
The term unit history has been used because Terrell's Texas Cavalry Regiment (Sometimes known at the 34th and sometimes known as the 37th Texas Cavalry-Alexander's 2nd Partizan Rangers was also known as the 34th Texas Cavalry) and the brigade commanded by future Texas Governor A. W. Terrell are both...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Texas Cavalry Regiment, 34th -- History.
- Terrell, Alexander Watkins, -- 1827-1912.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Texas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Cavalry operations.
- Texas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Cavalry operations.
- Red River Expedition, 1864.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Texas Cavalry Regiment, 34th.
- Military operations, Cavalry.
- Regimental histories.
- United States.
- Confederate States of America -- Regimental histories.
- United States, Louisiana -- Military history -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States, Texas -- Military records -- Civil War, 1861-1865.