Orlando Bagwell; Susan Bellows; Steve Fayer; Angela Bassett; Bernice Johnson Reagon; Charles Richard Johnson; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Educational Foundation.; PBS Video.
|语言注释：||Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|注意：||Originally broadcast on PBS on October 19, 1998.
Related to: Africans in America : America's journey through slavery / Charles Johnson, Patricia Smith, WGBH Series Research Team. -- New York : Harcourt Brace, c1998.
|制作人员：||Director of photography, Michael Chin; editor, Chuck Scott; music score, Bernice Johnson Reagon; associate producer, Patricia Garcia Rios.|
|演员：||Narrator: Angela Bassett.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Africans in America, 1.; History's best on PBS.|
|其他题名：||Africans in America : America's journey through slavery.
America's journey through slavery.
|责任：||produced for PBS by WGBH Boston ; produced and directed by Orlando Bagwell, Susan Bellows ; writer, Steve Fayer.|
A four part series portraying the struggles of the African people in America, from their arrival in the 1600s to the last days before the Civil War. This first episode examines the origins of one of the largest forced human migrations in recorded history. After the arrival of the first Africans in Virginia in 1619, the British colonies laid the groundwork for a system of racial slavery which generated profits that ensured the colonies' growth and survival.
- Slavery -- United States -- History.
- Slavery -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
- Slavery -- Virginia -- History.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects -- Virginia -- History.
- African Americans -- History -- To 1863.
- Slavery -- Justification.
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- African Americans.
- Slavery -- Economic aspects.
- United States.