|提及的人：||Thomas Hardy; Thomas Hardy|
הרדי, תומס, ; Thomas Hardy; Scott Elledge
|描述：||ix, 464 pages ; 21 cm.|
|内容：||The text of Tess of the d'Urbervilles --
Hardy and the novel: Background: Hardy's poems: Hap --
The sleep-worker --
New Year's Eve --
At an inn --
The well-beloved --
The supplanter --
Growth in May --
We field-women --
Beyond the last lamp --
The young glass-stainer --
Background: Hardy's autobiography --
Composition and publication --
Essays in criticism.
|叢書名：||Norton critical edition.|
|責任：||edited by Scott Elledge.|
The text is fully annotated and includes a separate table of contents for the novel to assist readers in locating specific episodes or passages. Hardy's hand-drawn map of Wessex and the manuscript title page for the first edition of his novel are also included. Hardy and the Novel includes seven poems by Hardy that provide greater insight into his ethos; selections from Michael Millgate's biography of Hardy that depict the relationship between episodes in Tess of the D'Urbervillesand events in the author's life; and excerpts from Grindle and Gatrell's introduction to the 1983 edition that discuss Hardy's revision process in both manuscripts and early printed editions of the novel. Criticism features three contemporary reviews of the novel not printed in the earlier Norton editions, including the first feminist review of Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
- Hardy, Thomas, -- 1840-1928. -- Tess of the d'Urbervilles.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Children of the rich -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy -- Fiction.
- Wessex (England) -- Fiction.
- Women household employees -- Fiction.
- Women murderers -- Fiction.
- Poor families -- Fiction.
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Hardy, Thomas)
- Children of clergy.
- Children of the rich.
- Man-woman relationships.
- Poor families.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations)
- Women household employees.
- Women murderers.
- England -- Wessex.