|提及的人：||Bertolt Brecht; Bertolt Brecht; Bertolt Brecht; Bertolt Brecht|
John W Walter; Nina Santisi; Meryl Streep; Tony Kushner; Kevin Kline; George C Wolfe; Barbara Brecht-Schall; Oskar Eustis; Bertolt Brecht; White Buffalo Entertainment (Firm); Alive Mind Media.; Lorber HT Digital.
|语言注释：||In English and German with English subtitles.|
|注意：||Originally produced in 2008, copyright held by Theater of War LLC.
"A documentary about art & politics."
Includes commentary from filmmaker Michael Moore.
|制作人员：||Camera, Felix Andrew, John Walter ; music, Robert Miller.|
|演员：||Meryl Streep, Tony Kushner, Kevin Kline, George C. Wolfe, Barbara Brecht-Schall, Oskar Eustis.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (96 min.) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD, widescreen format (16:9).|
|责任：||White Buffalo Entertainment ; producer, Nina Santisi ; directed and edited by John Walter.|
An examination of Bertolt Brecht's "Mother Courage and her children", and the political philosophies the play represents. Preparing for The Public Theater's 2006 production of Brecht's anti-war play, Meryl Streep allows a camera crew to document her rehearsal process and interest in the work. Moreover, the life and times of Brecht himself are followed, most notably the playwrites' escape from Nazi Germany, subsequent exile, testimony to the House Un-American Activities Committee, and his eventual return to the country where the play was first staged. Along with backstage scenes and discussion by theatre notables such as Tony Kushner and Streep's costar Kevin Kline, the documentary seeks to depict the history and inspirations underlying the play's themes.
在线教育媒体评论（Educational Media Reviews Online） (1)
(公布的EMRO用户 2009-10-14 )
In 1949, Bertolt Brecht, one of the most accomplished playwrights of the 20th century, was invited to East Berlin to stage one of his plays. Brecht had left Germany in 1933 and lived in several European countries before finally settling in the United States in 1941. He continued to write plays, even...
- Brecht, Bertolt, -- 1898-1956 -- Dramatic production.
- Brecht, Bertolt, -- 1898-1956. -- Mutter Courage und ihre Kinder.
- Brecht, Bertolt, -- 1898-1956 -- Characters -- Women.
- Theater -- Political aspects.
- Actors -- Interviews.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Interviews.
- Public Theater (New York, N.Y.)
- Theater -- Production and direction -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Thirty Years' War, 1618-1648 -- Drama.
- Women and war -- Drama.
- Children and war -- Drama.
- Brecht, Bertolt, -- 1898-1956.
- Mutter Courage und ihre Kinder (Brecht, Bertolt)
- Children and war.
- Theater -- Production and direction.
- Theatrical producers and directors.
- Women and war.
- Women in literature.
- New York (State) -- New York.