|提及的人：||Theodore E Burton; Grace Burton; John Sherman|
Theodore E (Theodore Elijah) Burton; Newton Diehl Baker; Andrew Carnegie; James Rudolph Garfield; Samuel Gompers; Marcus Alonzo Hanna; John Hay; Myron T Herrick; Tom Loftin Johnson; James Ford Rhodes; Theodore Roosevelt; Elihu Root; William H Taft; Charles Franklin Thwing; United States. National Monetary Commission.; United States. National Waterways Commission.; United States. Congress. House. Committee on Rivers and Harbors.
|描述：||58 linear ft.|
Consists of diaries, journals, appointment books, correspondence, reports, bills and government documents, minutes, notes and other memoranda, pamphlets, printed public remarks, speeches, articles, manuscripts, notebooks, account books, receipts, income tax returns, programs and other memorabilia, passports, address files, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks. Legislative issues Burton was involved with are well represented in the collection. These include inland waterways; the Inland Waterways Commission; financial, banking, and currency legislation; immigration restriction; postal, trade and tariff issues; the Panama Canal; political patronage; veterans' and pension affairs; and labor legislation. Local Cleveland, Ohio, issues are represented in the collection. These include the 1907 Cleveland mayoral race, construction of a federal building, local and Ohio politics, and the flood of 1913. Burton's dedication to the international peace movement is documented in the collection. The important role played by his niece Grace Burton is illustrated in her correspondence with her uncle, often demonstrating her own deep interest in local and national politics. Burton's own writings, especially research materials and manuscripts for his two major works, Financial Crises and John Sherman, make up a significant portion of the collection.
- Burton, Theodore E. -- (Theodore Elijah), -- 1851-1929.
- Burton, Grace.
- Sherman, John, -- 1823-1900.
- American Peace Society.
- Emigration and immigration law -- United States.
- Harbors -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Waterways -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Currency question -- United States.
- Labor laws and legislation -- United States.
- Panama Canal (Panama)
- Cuban question -- 1895-1898.
- Floods -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
- Peace -- Societies, etc.
- Legislators -- United States -- Archives.
- Civil service reform -- United States.
- Tariff -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Cleveland (Ohio) -- Politics and government.
- Ohio -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1933.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.