Kelen, Leslie G.
This Light of Ours : Activist Photographers of the Civil Rights Movement
Jackson : University Press of Mississippi,c2011
Leslie G Kelen; Julian Bond; Clayborne Carson
|注意：||Description based upon print version of record.|
|描述：||1 online resource (252 p.)|
|内容：||Cover; Contents; Preface and Acknowledgments; Foreword; Photographing Civil Rights; The Photographs; Part One: Black Life; Part Two: Organizing for Freedom; Part Three: State and Local Terror; Part Four: Meredith March against Fear and Black Power; Reflection: How I First Saw King and Found the Movement; The Photographers: Interviews and Biographies; Tamio Wakayama; Herbert Randall; Maria Varela; George Ballis; Bob Fitch; Matt Herron; Bob Fletcher; David Prince; Bob Adelman; Recommended Reading; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y;|
This Light of Ours: Activist Photographers of the Civil Rights Movement is a paradigm-shifting publication that presents the Civil Rights Movement through the work of nine activist photographers-men and women who chose to document the national struggle against segregation and other forms of race-based disenfranchisement from within the movement. Unlike images produced by photojournalists, who covered breaking news events, these photographers lived within the movement-primarily within the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) framework-and documented its activities by focusing on the.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- Photographers -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Political activists -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.) -- History.
- Fine Arts.
- Photographers -- United States -- Interviews.
- Political activists -- United States -- Interviews.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- Southern States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Collections, Catalogs, Exhibitions / General
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Individual Photographers / Artists' Books
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Photoessays & Documentaries
- PHOTOGRAPHY / Subjects & Themes / General
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies