Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Biography Juvenile literature
|Named Person:||Esther Earl|
|Material Type:||Biography, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Esther Earl; Lori Earl; Wayne Earl
|ISBN:||9780525426363 0525426361 9780141354033 0141354038|
|Target Audience:||12 up.; Young Adult; 960|
|Description:||431 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.|
|Responsibility:||Esther Earl with Lori and Wayne Earl ; introduction by John Green.|
According to author John Green, his fictional work The Fault In Our Stars was inspired by his friendship with Esther Earl, who "redefined the process of dying young for me." (December 2012 Good Reads interview, http://www.goodreads.com/interviews/show/828.John_Green). He cautions his readers not to take the novel too literally however, stating that he doesn't "want people conflating Esther with Hazel (they're very different), and it's extremely important to me that I not claim to be telling Esther's story. Esther's story belongs to Esther and to her family." (John Green's tumblr, August 2, 2012 http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/28557373623/everybody-was-told-to-make-a-funny-face-but-i).
- Earl, Esther, -- 1994-2010 -- Juvenile literature.
- Thyroid gland -- Cancer -- Patients -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Cancer -- Patients -- Juvenile literature.
- Cancer -- Juvenile literature.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Biography & Autobiography / Literary.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Issues / Death & Dying.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Family / Multigenerational.
User lists with this item (5)
- Stories by Cancer Survivors(9 items)
by Lundborg updated about 18 hours ago
- UNO-YA Biographies and Autobiographies(55 items)
by UNO-YA updated about a week ago
- YA - If you liked The Fault in Our Stars(11 items)
by FVRL_booklists updated 2014-07-07
- GHCHS Summer Reading(64 items)
by ghchslibrary updated 2014-05-31
- UNO-YA Health and Body(41 items)
by UNO-YA updated 2014-03-25