Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Ivan Allen; Terence Cooke; Lester Maddox; Richard B Russell; Francis Spellman; Herman E Talmadge|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas A Donnellan
|Notes:||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.|
|Description:||5 linear ft.|
The collection consists of papers of Archbishop Thomas A. Donnellan from 1932-1987. The papers include documents, correspondence, calendars, publications, and photographs. The materials mainly document Donnellan's activities as Archbishop of the Atlanta Archdiocese and contain information on interdenominational cooperation, civil rights, and the Vietnam War. Included are some files from New York including correspondence from Cardinal Francis Spellman. Other correspondents include Cardinal Terence Cooke, Georgia Governor Lester Maddox, U.S. Senators Richard Russell and Herman Talmadge, and Atlanta Mayor Ivan Allen. Files relating to Donnellan's installation as Archbishop and to his funeral are also included.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Allen, Ivan.
- Cooke, Terence, -- 1921-1983.
- Maddox, Lester, -- 1915-2003.
- Russell, Richard B. -- (Richard Brevard), -- 1897-1971.
- Spellman, Francis, -- 1889-1967.
- Talmadge, Herman E. -- (Herman Eugene), -- 1913-2002.
- Catholic Church. -- Archdiocese of Atlanta (Ga.)
- Catholic Church -- Georgia -- Bishops.
- Catholics -- Georgia.
- Civil rights -- Georgia -- Religious aspects.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Religious aspects.
- Interdenominational cooperation -- Georgia.