Suche nach Bibliotheken, die diesen Titel besitzen ...
|Gattung/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Physisches Format||Online version:
Washington, DC : Smithsonian Institution Press, 1993
|Name:||Thomas Eakins; Thomas Eakins; Thomas Eakins|
|Beschreibung:||212 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.|
|Inhalt:||The tensions of biography and art in Thomas Eakins / John Wilmerding --
Thomas Eakins and his European contemporaries / John Hayes --
Thomas Eakins and the art of photography / Susan Danly --
The critical reception of Thomas Eakin's work : I. Lifetime / Amy B. Werbel --
II. Posthumous / Jennifer Hardin.
|Verfasserangabe:||general editor, John Wilmerding.|
Eakins's strong commitment to the development of a uniquely American art never wavered, although his painting was influenced and informed by his studies in Paris and his admiration for Velazquez and Ribera. He devoted his career to creating a penetrating series of portraits of professional and artistic society in Philadelphia.
Edited by John Wilmerding, Thomas Eakins is an epitome of our present understanding of this profound and highly original artist and embraces the full scope of Eakins studies today. Thirty scholars currently working on Eakins examine individual paintings or groups of paintings in a series of essays, and the results of their most recent research are published here for the first time.
While focusing in detail on the most important paintings of Thomas Eakins, the book also discusses the considerable impact of photography on his work, and reproduces for the first time a series of recently rediscovered photographs taken by the artist.
- Eakins, Thomas, -- 1844-1916 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Eakins, Thomas, -- 1844-1916 -- Appreciation.
- Eakins, Thomas -- 1844-1916 -- Appreciation
- Eakins, Thomas -- 1844-1916 -- Criticism and interpretation
- Pintura moderna -- Siglo XIX -- EE. UU. -- Historia y crítica.
- Pintura moderna -- Siglo XX -- EE. UU. -- Historia y crítica.
- Fotografía -- EE. UU.
- Fotografía artística.
- Eakins, Thomas, -- 1844-1916
- Art appreciation.
- Painting, Modern -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Painting, Modern -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Photography -- United States.
- Photography, Artistic.