Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Thornton Leigh Hunt; Leigh Hunt; Leigh Hunt; Thornton Leigh Hunt|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thornton Leigh Hunt; Charles Cowden Clarke; Mary Cowden Clarke; Henry Sylvan Leigh Hunt; John Leigh Hunt; Leigh Hunt; George Henry Lewes; George Manners; Thomas Love Peacock; Herbert Watkins
|Other Titles:||Hunt, Thornton Leigh : manuscript material|
· To William Allingham, poet : 2 letters : -- 1 autograph letter signed : 8 Feb 1861 : (H'ANA 0045) : from 39 Bedford Street, Stand W.C.; begins, "I am about to publish, through Mrssrs. Smith, Elder & Co., a collection of my father's correspondence ..."--1 autograph letter signed : 27 Feb 1862 : (H'ANA 0046) : from 17 Euston Square, London N.W.; begins, "I return the letters of my Father to yourself which you lent to me ..."
· To Charles Cowden Clarke, writer and public lecturer : 1 autograph letter signed : 8 Feb 1861 : (H'ANA 0043) : from 39 Bedofrd Street, Strand W.C.; begins, "I am preparing for Messrs. Smith Elder & Co. a collection of my father's correspondence ..."
· To Mary Cowden Clarke, literary scholar and writer : 1 autograph letter signed : 9 Apr 1844 : (H'ANA 0042) : from Windsor Court, Strand; begins, "I congratulate you heartily on the first sight of your great work in type ..."
· To R.H. Horne, writer : 1 autograph letter signed : 24 Jul 1870 : (H'ANA 0072) : from 26 Euston Square, N.W.; begins, "I cannot conceive your making any use of letters to you from my dear Father that you ought not to make"; with the envelope.
· To Henry Sylvan Leigh Hunt, his brother : 1 autograph note signed : [no date] : written on Thornton Hunt's printed calling card; reads, "Mr. B introduces my most particular friend." Filed under Leigh Hunt along with (LH 0078-79).
· To John Leigh Hunt, his brother : 1 autograph letter signed : 26 Jan 1823 : (H'ANA 0085) : begins, "you desired me to write to you, so I shall first give you a description of our house house [sic] porta pinti ... "; followed immediately on the same lettersheet by an autograph note from Leigh Hunt to Charles Armitage Brown (LH 0302), with whom John Hunt was staying at the time. Filed under Leigh Hunt.
· To Leigh Hunt, poet, journalist and critic (his father) : 1 autograph letter signed : 24 Aug 1844 : (H'ANA 0035) : begins, "The conversation which we had the other night about 'the sufferings of truth', or rather of those who prefer the truth to set formulas which are made to pass fr opinions ... "; with the envlope, marked "The Sufferings of Truth."
· To George Henry Lewes, writer : 1 autograph letter signed : 25 Mar 1839 : (H'ANA 0006) : written in tiny script on the side of the address leaf of a letter from Leigh Hunt to Lewes (LH 0047); begins, "You see I am ticketed off by 'the present' as a sort of companion to Webbe ..." Filed under Leigh Hunt.
· To George Manners, journal editor and diplomat : 1 autograph letter signed : 24 Aug 1861 : (H'ANA 0058) : from 17 Euston Square N.W.; begins, "I am very much obliged to you for your kind offer, and gladly accept it."
· To Thomas Love Peacock, satirical novelist : 1 autograph letter signed : 7 Mar 1861 : (H'ANA 0021) : from 17 Euston Square N.W.; begins, "I do not like to let your note pass without distinctly thanking you for its very kind manner ..."
· To (George) Herbert Watkins, London photographer at 179 Regent Street : 1 autograph letter signed : 15 May 1857 : (H'ANA 0057) : from 39 Bedford Street, Covent Garden, W.C.; offering ideas relating to photography; begins, "Two 'ideas' occur to me, which, in spite of their trifling nature you are more likely to see a way of using than myself"; with the envelope.
· To "Dear Sir" : 1 autograph letter signed : 26 Apr 1861 : (H'ANA 0007) : from 17 Euston Square N.W.; begins, "I have just received the copes of the two notes. My father lived at Chelsea from 1833 to 1839 ..." Filed under Leigh Hunt with (LH 0152).