New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 1991
|獎賞：||Pulitzer Prize, Fiction, 1992.|
|描述：||371 p. ; 24 cm.|
The time is 1979. Larry Cook, a proud and exacting farmer, whose family has lived on this land for four generations, unexpectedly decides to retire and turn over his valuable holdings to his three daughters. For Ginny and Rose, who live on the farm with their husbands, the gift makes sense - a reward for years of hard work, a challenge to make the farm even more successful. But the youngest, Caroline, a Des Moines lawyer, flatly rejects the idea, and in anger her father cuts her out - setting off an explosive series of events that will leave none of them unchanged. A classic story of contemporary American life, A Thousand Acres strikes at the very heart of what it means to be a father, a daughter, a family.
- Inheritance and succession -- Fiction.
- Parent and adult child -- Fiction.
- Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Aging parents -- Fiction.
- Family farms -- Fiction.
- Farm life -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Iowa -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- Pulitzer Prizes for Fiction and Poetry(87 資料)
由 Frohringacquisitions 已更新 大約三週前
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction(73 資料)
由 dordtlibrary 已更新 2014-05-08
- To Check Out(410 資料)
由 letheredge 已更新 2014-01-02
- Pulitzer/Booker Prize Winners and other novels(55 資料)
由 claborne 已更新 2013-12-05
- Things to Check Out(64 資料)
由 padlrdie 已更新 2013-10-09