Young adult nonfiction
Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Ashley Rhodes-Courter; Ashley Rhodes-Courter; Ashley Rhodes-Courter|
|資料類型：||傳記, 中學（高中）, 網際網路資源|
|獎賞：||A Junior Library Guild selection
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2009.
|針對讀者群：||Ages 14 up.|
|描述：||304 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm|
"Sunshine, you're my baby and I'm your only mother. You must mind the one taking care of you, but she's not your mama." Ashley Rhodes-Courter spent nine years of her life in fourteen different foster homes, living by those words. As her mother spirals out of control, Ashley is left clinging to an unpredictable, dissolving relationship, all the while getting pulled deeper and deeper into the foster care system. Painful memories of being taken away from her home quickly become consumed by real-life horrors, where Ashley is juggled between caseworkers, shuffled from school to school, and forced to endure manipulative, humiliating treatment from a very abusive foster family. In this memoir, Ashley finds the courage to succeed -- and in doing so, discovers the power of her own voice.
- Rhodes-Courter, Ashley, -- 1985- -- Juvenile literature.
- Rhodes-Courter, Ashley, -- 1985-
- Adopted children -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Foster children -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Foster home care -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Adopted children -- United States -- Biography.
- Foster children -- United States -- Biography.
- Foster home care -- United States.
- Adopted children.
- Foster children.
- Foster home care.
- United States.