Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Contents:||Prologue: Here I Go Again: Football in France Introduction: Land of Confusion: Tape, Turf and the 1987 NFL Player's Strike Chapter 1: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: The Football Nomad (Mike Hohensee) Chapter 2: Didn't We Almost Have It All: The Meat and Seafood Guy (Joe Bock) Chapter 3: Full Metal Jacket: The Coach (Les Steckel) Chapter 4: Who Will You Run To?: The New Irving Fryar (Larry Linne) Chapter 5: Yo, Bum Rush the Show: From Suge Knight to Steve Dils Chapter 6: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Leigh Steinberg) Chapter 7: You Keep Me Hangin' On: From First Round to Replacement (John Reaves) Chapter 8: Stand by Me: The Regulars (Keith Butler and Jeff Kemp) Chapter 9: The Last Emperor: Montana and the End of the Strike Part I Chapter 10: The Lost Boys: Adrian Breen and the End of Strike Football Part II Epilogue: Over the Top: 1987 and Beyond Afterword: The Running Man: On Walter Payton and Boyhood Idols Acknowledgments About the Author Bibliography|
Veteran sportswriter Kluck recalls the drama and miscues of the 1987 NFL Players strike, when the owners put anyone who could suit up on the gridiron to give the fans their Sunday spectacle. As a boy
- National Football League -- History -- 20th century.
- Football -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Strikes and lockouts -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Strikebreakers -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Football players -- Labor unions -- United States.
- Football players -- Salaries, etc. -- United States.
- SPORTS & RECREATION / Football