Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Biography Juvenile literature
|Named Person:||Thurgood Marshall; Thurgood Marshall|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||A Junior Library Guild selection|
|Target Audience:||Ages 11 and up.|
|Description:||248 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.|
|Contents:||Black and white : a nation divided --
A baby born into Jim Crow --
Roots of resistance --
Easing along --
Digging deep into law --
A hungry young lawyer --
Taking Jim Crow to court --
Laying it on the line --
Taking down Jim Crow --
The case of the century --
Moving to the other side of the bench --
A minority again --
|Series Title:||Up close.|
|Responsibility:||by Chris Crowe.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A nice addition to any older kids library.
This biography is an excellent choice for middle level readers. It is told as a story, but includes a good index in students wish to find specific information. It also has black and white photographs.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Marshall, Thurgood, -- 1908-1993 -- Juvenile literature.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- African American lawyers -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- African American judges -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Marshall, Thurgood, -- 1908-1993.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- Biography.
- African American lawyers -- Biography.
- African American judges -- Biography.