Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Bernice Resnick Sandler; Patsy T Mink; Birch Bayh; Birch Bayh; Patsy T Mink; Bernice Resnick Sandler|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Bernice Resnick Sandler; Birch Bayh; Ketra L Armstrong; Diane Regan; WBGU-TV (Television station : Bowling Green, Ohio); Bowling Green State University.
|Notes:||This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Made possible by a collaboration between WBGU-TV Services (at Bowling Green State University) and The National Association for Girls and Women in Sport (NAGWS)
|Credits:||Producer/writer, Janet B. Parks.|
|Performer(s):||Narrators: Ketra L. Armstrong (NAGWS President, 2006-2009) and Diane Regan (AAUW/Ohio President, 2008-2010)|
|Description:||3 videodiscs (3 hr. 35 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Contents:||Disc 1: Chapter 1: Governance of U.S. Women's Intercollegiate Athletics: From Play Days to the NCAA --
Part 1 (12:43) --
Chapter 2: Governance of U.S. Women's Intercollegiate Athletics: From Play Days to the NCAA --
Part 2 (14:08) --
Chapter 3: Multiple Meanings of Sport for Girls and Women (18:35) --
Chapter 4: Opportunities for Women Prior to the 1975 Title IX Regulation (20:21) --
Chapter 5: Intended Consequences of Title IX (15:56). Disc 2: Chapter 6: Unintended Consequences of Title IX (20:09) --
Chapter 7: Fulfilling the Promise of Title IX (14:04) --
Chapter 8: The 2002-2003 Commission on Opportunity in Athletics (22:13) --
Chapter 9: Acosta & Carpenter: Research We Can Count On (11:14). Disc 3: Chapter 10: Grove City College v. Bell: Four More Years Without Title IX (06:30) --
Chapter 11: Landmark Supreme Court Decisions: Cannon, Franklin, and Jackson (12:44) --
Chapter 12: Bernice R. Sandler: Godmother of Title IX (14:56) --
Chapter 13: Patsy Takemoto Mink: A Driving Force in the House of Representatives (12:55) --
Chapter 14: Birch Bayh: Title IX Champion in the Senate (18:57).
|Other Titles:||Title Nine.
|Responsibility:||a production of WBGU-DT, Bowling Green State University.|
- United States. -- Education Amendments of 1972. -- Title IX.
- Sandler, Bernice Resnick.
- Mink, Patsy T., -- 1927-2002.
- Bayh, Birch, -- 1928-
- Education Amendments of 1972 (United States)
- Sports for women -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Women athletes -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Sex discrimination against women -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- College sports for women -- United States -- History.
- Sex discrimination in sports -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- College sports for women.
- Sex discrimination against women -- Law and legislation.
- Sex discrimination in sports -- Law and legislation.
- Sports for women -- Law and legislation.
- Women athletes -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- United States.