Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Samuels, Wilfred D.
Boston : Twayne Publishers, 1990
|Named Person:||Toni Morrison; Toni Morrison; Toni Morrison; Toni Morrison; Toni Morrison; Toni Morrison|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Wilfred D Samuels; Clenora Hudson-Weems
|Description:||xiv, 160 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||"As big as life" : the world of Toni Morrison --
The damaging look : the search for authentic existence in The bluest eye --
Experimental lives : meaning and self in Sula --
Liminality and the search for self in Song of Solomon --
Folklore as matrix for cultural affirmation in Tar baby --
"Ripping the veil" : meaning through rememory in Beloved --
Pass it on.
|Series Title:||Twayne's United States authors series, TUSAS 559.|
|Responsibility:||by Wilfred D. Samuels and Clenora Hudson-Weems.|
Twayne's United States Authors, English Authors, and World Authors Series present concise critical introductions to great writers and their works. Devoted to critical interpretation and discussion of an author's work, each study takes account of major literary trends and important scholarly contributions and provides new critical insights with an original point of view. An Authors Series volume addresses readers ranging from advanced high school students to university professors. The book suggests to the informed reader new ways of considering a writer's work.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Morrison, Toni -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans in literature.
- Morrison, Toni.
- Women and literature -- United states -- History -- 20Th century.
- Women and literature.
- United States.
- Biografias de literatos.
- Morrison, Toni, -- (1931- ...) -- Critique et interprétation.
- Morrison, Toni, -- 1931-.
- African Americans in literature
- Morrison, Toni -- Criticism and interpretation
- Women and literature -- History -- 20th century -- United States