Early works to 1800
Genealogy Early works to 1800
Maps Early works to 1800
|関連の人物：||Edmund Tilney; James, King of England; James, King of England; Edmund Tilney|
Edmund Tilney; James, King of England; Benjamin Wright; Ernest Ingold; Richard C Baker; Bernard Quaritch (Firm),; C.A. Stonehill, Inc.,; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Title from fol. 9.
For a full physical description including collation, layout, paper, binding, maps, engravings, coats of arms, and script, see Streitberger (1986), p. 75-98.
Binding: Full red morocco with gold tooling; gilt edges; conserved by Richard C. Baker, September 2002.
Origin: Completed before Elizabeth's death on 24 March 1603. Sometime shortly after the queen's death, Tilney revised the manuscript for presentation to James I and the codex preserves three copies of an otherwise unrecorded portrait of the king engraved by Benjamin Wright.
Provenance: 1. Edmund Tilney -- 2. Passed on among the Tilney family until disposition as early as the mid-17th century or as late as the 19th century -- 3. The manuscript was part of the Foley family library until its sale at Ruxley Lodge, Claygate, Surrey, October 1919 (Foley bookplate on inside of front cover) -- 4. Bought by Quaritch Ltd. and sold immediately to an unknown party -- 5. Purchased by the University of Illinois from C.A. Stonehill, 1955, with assistance from Ernest Ingold and the University Research Board.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0109.
Former shelf-mark: Q. 914.2 T46t 1598 (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
|物理形態：||409 leaves : paper, illustrations (some color), 9 maps (some color, folded) ; 389 x 260 mm bound to 402 x 274 mm|
|コンテンツ：||For a complete descriptive index, see Streitberger (1986), p. 99-120.|
|その他のタイトル：||Topographical descriptions, regiments, and policies|
- Tilney, Edmund, -- -1610 -- Manuscripts.
- James -- I, -- King of England, -- 1566-1625 -- Portraits.
- Devices (Heraldry) -- Europe -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, English -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Europe -- History -- 1517-1648 -- Sources.
- Europe -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Europe -- Politics and government -- 1517-1648 -- Sources.
- Europe -- Genealogy -- Early works to 1800.
- Europe -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- James -- I, -- King of England, -- 1566-1625.
- Tilney, Edmund, -- -1610.
- Devices (Heraldry)
- Manuscripts, English.
- Politics and government.
- Illinois -- Urbana.