|提及的人：||George W Bush; George W Bush; George W Bush; George W Bush|
|描述：||xix, 268 pages ; 22 cm|
|内容：||1. Starting over is not an easy thing to do --
2. How it was --
3. Securing the realm --
4. Making waves --
5. Mounting war --
6. Vietnam redux --
7. The political economy of death I --
8. The political economy of death II --
9. The political economy of death III --
10. The Consigliere is back --
"Carol Brightman shows how America's obsession with security following September 11, 2001, has prompted a permanent state of war and a permanent war economy, which has been a long time in formation by conservative strategists. She warns of the rise of Iraqi nationalism that US actions have brought about. And she analyzes the US abandonment of international treaties and security arrangements as more countries - including Iraq in 2000 - have switched or threaten to switch from dollars to euros for oil trading." "In a set of personal and historical reflections, Carol Brightman revisits the dissent of the 1960s and '70s and compares it to the protests of today. Brightman suggests that it will take more than regime change in Washington to dispel the myths and illusions about unilateral American power."--Jacket.
- Bush, George W. -- (George Walker), -- 1946-
- Bush, George W., -- 1946-
- Bush, George W.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 2001-
- National security -- United States -- Decision making.
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011.
- Security, International.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 20th century.
- Unilateral acts (International law)
- Diplomatic relations.
- National security -- Decision making.
- United States.
- Internationaler Terrorismus.