Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (xv, 87 pages) : illustrations.|
|Contents:||Tradition and innovation: the case of the 18th and 19th century wood bridges --
Theory and tests on wood elements in the French treatises of architecture and engineering in the 19th century --
The application of structural mechanics to wooden bridge design: first attempts.
|Series Title:||SpringerBriefs in applied sciences and technology|
From the book reviews: "This booklet is an important source of information, especially about building practices and the evolution of knowledge of structural mechanics in France. It is a thorough
- Wooden bridges -- France -- Design and construction -- History -- 18th century.
- Wooden bridges -- France -- Design and construction -- History -- 19th century.
- Structural Mechanics.
- Engineering Design.
- Architectural History and Theory.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Civil / General
- Wooden bridges -- Design and construction.