Ainsworth, William Harrison, 1805-1882.
Tower of London.
London, Dent; New York, Dutton 
|提及的人：||Jane Grey, Lady; Mary, Queen of England; Jane Grey, Lady; Mary, Queen of England|
William Harrison Ainsworth
|注意：||The Tower of London was orginally published as a serial from January 1840 to December 1840.|
|描述：||xvi, 455 pages 18 cm.|
|内容：||Book the first. Jane the queen --
Book the second. Mary the queen.
The Tower of London is a historical romance that describes the history of Lady Jane Grey and Queen Mary Tudor. Lady Jane Gray and her husband were put on the throne by her father-in-law, the Duke of Northumberland, but their reign lasted only nine days. Mary Tudor took control of England and arranged for the couple's imprisonment and execution. The novel begins with Lady Jane's incarceration in the Tower of London on July 10, 1553, and ends with her beheading on February 12, 1554.
- Grey, Jane, -- Lady, -- 1537-1554 -- Fiction.
- Mary -- I, -- Queen of England, -- 1516-1558 -- Fiction.
- Tower of London (London, England) -- Fiction.
- London (England) -- Fiction.
- English fiction -- 19th century.
- Grey, Jane, -- Lady, -- 1537-1554.
- Mary -- I, -- Queen of England, -- 1516-1558.
- Tower of London (London, England)
- English fiction.
- England -- London.